Tuesday 16 June 2015

Blythe in Candyland : wip (inside process)

Ahhh, the sufferings of an artist do never, ever end. I absolutely love what I do, and my head is so filled with ideas, that I feel I am going on the pace of a snail! Plus, no artist, anywhere, ever -I think- is completely satisfied with his results. Sigh!

Now, let's stop babbling. My last work, "Blythe in Candyland" is almost done and I'm glad to let it go, because this means I will be free to start the next one. I try to keep one acrylics' palette active at a time, and that means I don't start the next piece until the previous one is finished.

People keep asking me how I paint my girls: if I am copying something or if I work out of imagination. Well, it is just a bit of both I guess. I always enjoyed collecting images and collaging. At first it was cutouts of magazines, then I grew up into computers and it was endless photo folders, which found a way through to my previous blog (http://selfbabble.blogspot.com/) until the day that I discovered ...PINTEREST...! Now everything I see and like is pretty much stored there (https://www.pinterest.com/babblebzz/), waiting for me to fish out little pieces and join them together. Very much like a jigsaw puzzle. If you drop by my pinterest account and browse through my "for painting" boards, you might recognize the photos that have found the way into my paintings. Kinda like a hide and seek game...

For "Blythe in Candyland", I am showing some reference photos below:






And here is the sneak peek of the painting (little before it's finished):


For the final version, check back tomorrow.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment