Tuesday 2 June 2015

Angelfall Book 3: 'End of days' by Susan Ee (disappointment)




Aaaah!

That's quite a start. Right?

There is one single thought pestering my mind, ever since I was on the first few pages of the book: I did not, and repeat, I did NOT expect to see the word 'nipple' in this series. The book was beyond that, the characters were beyond that, the author was beyond that. So, why???

Other than that.
General impression after finishing the book: "No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!"

Nothing in this book is what it was supposed to be. First, the plot: couldn't keep me interested. On "Angelfall" I couldn't wait to get back to the book. On "End of days" I couldn't wait to end it, so as to end my misery. Or sorts. Too much hell, too much blood, too many locusts.

[spoiler alert]
And the characters? Penryn as the leader of the Resistance (ok, let's bypass that). And Raffe, selfish enough to satisfy his urge of the moment, and surrender to his passion, disregarding thus the feelings of Penryn. "Yes, I want you, but no, I don't want you". Speaking about hot and cold.

And don't let me get started about the ending. We spent an enormous amount of time in hell (literally), watching the fallen angels be punished and chased by demons, because they had had daughters of men, and the conclusion of the story is that Raffe decides (out of the blue, on the 97% of the book) that he is not perfect anyway, so why bother? Let's give this thing a try. Dah!!!

I said it before, I say it again. Stop on the first book people!

Don't write sequels.

Impress us with something new...!

Aaaah!

No comments:

Post a Comment